Sunday, February 5, 2012

Flying

There is always a first for everything. I just never thought it would be so soon. Samuel learned to fly.

This last Friday, we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day. So, Samuel and I decided to walk to a near by park called Robinswood Park. We love this park. They have a section for little tots and a larger play area for bigger kids.

Samuel loves slides. The little slides are fun but the moment mommy took him down a BIG slide, he found his true passion. I would help him get situated at the top of the slide then meet him at the bottom to pick him up and set him on the ground. We never had any problems with this system before.

However, on this lovely day, Samuel went strait to the big slides and we went about our routine. I helped him at the top and then released him. To my amazement he flew down the slide going at lightning speed. He had never gone down those slides that fast. I realized in disbelief at what was happening, HE - WAS - FLYING....yes, flying off the end of the slide and landing with a thud. I got to him as fast as I could and comforted him but no sooner did he calm down, he was back at it. This time around, I went down the slide with him. I decided to cut our flying lessons short for the day. He's a tough cookie.

As a mother, I learned a lesson. Don't bring your kid(s) to the park in sweat pants. Unless, you plan on flying lessons. To be safe, always wear jeans. Unless, your kid likes his flying lessons. Mine did not.

This picture and video were taken of an earlier park experience when we had no clue what sweat pants could do.




No comments:

Post a Comment