Sunday, July 24, 2011

It All Began Here

I would like to believe that I was one of those ambitious ladies that started a blog the moment I tied the not with my wonderful husband, Kyan. But alas, I did not. It took me almost three years of our marriage to decide that perhaps a blog isn't so daunting after all. We married, went to Italy, moved, got pregnant, had an adorable 8lb-2oz baby boy named Samuel Kendell Skeem, and bought a house.

You might think that I missed so many wonderful blogging opportunities but I assure you, there are many more exciting things to come in the Skeem household. Oh yes! Samuel is growing like a weed and learning things left and right. I am lost in my projects and constantly coming up with new and crazy ideas. And Kyan is always throwing surprises at me.

Allow me to briefly and quickly update you with the past few years of our life. Lets begin October 18, 2008 with our

Wedding Day...
 This was the happiest day of our lives....and, as I have discovered, many more to come. It's a wonderful thing to know you are marrying your best friend. It's also a wonderful thing to look back on that day and know you are still madly in love.


I made a deal with Kyan that before we had our first kid he would have to take me traveling. So, he surprised me on Valentines Day with two airline tickets and I about peed my pants out of excitement. Here we come!


Italy trip...


We LOVED Italy. The architecture, history, and food were all amazing. We stayed in Rome for most of our trip but ventured northward to a little town called Orvieto. It was was dreamy. Better then the movies for sure. I would love to go back. But, our money tree only produces so much. So, Italy will have to wait because there are too many other wonderful places we would love to see.

When summer arrived we opted to get better acquainted with nature. So, for the 4th of July weekend we went on a 

Backpacking trip...


We hikes in the mountains of Eastern Washington in hopes of finding Little Joe Lake. But, we ended up adding a few more miles to our trip and never finding our planned destination. Nevertheless, it was beautiful and well worth the trip!

We found out in mid September that we were pregnant! Yay! And my belly grew...unfortunately, I didn't get the monthly belly shot to show you how I grew. But, I do have proof that I got nice and round. Kyan and I went on many walks during my pregnancy. This happened to be taken at Discovery Park. It was a gorgeous day in May 2010.

Shortly thereafter we went on the
San Juan Island trip....

 I was eight months pregnant and sooooo read to have this baby. Kyan and I wanted to have one last fun day trip before the baby came. So, we decided that there was no better place to go then where we had our first kissed.

And, we had to relive that wonderful moment! :)

Shortly thereafter, the third member of our family arrived.

1 comment: