Sunday, September 4, 2011

Did Someone Say Canning....Again?

Mom and I got ambitious and decided to can tomatoes. We found canning tomatoes for $15.95 / 25lb box. This is an awesome price for tomatoes (if you found them cheaper you should let me know for the future) so we bought four boxes each and spent a day canning them up. I would have to say tomatoes are a lot easier then cherries and peaches. Of course, peaches would have been easier if they were ALL ripe. But, it wouldn't be canning if it was too easy. I had a wonderful time learning from my Mother. She is an amazing mom. If it weren't for her I wouldn't have been interested in learning this skill. Her example and hard work while growing up has been ingrained into my mind. She is someone I look up to! She continues to teach me so much. We canned a total of 82 (I think?) quart size jar. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment