Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finally...It Came to Me!

I have spent some long hours thinking about my dining room space. I wanted something bold and beautiful but not intimidating. I was looking on the internet and came across this picture. It was love at first site. I knew that this was what I was looking for. The bold black and white stripes with the elegant pinstripe in the middle. It was perfect.

So, a week before Thanksgiving I decided to take on this project. Once I am inspired, It's hard to keep me from executing my idea. (Pardon the horrible picture quality and the chandelier. I can't figure out my husbands nice camera because he has some weird raw image setting on it and the chandelier is decked out in Christmas decor.) This is the result of our dining area. I LOVE IT! It defines that space perfectly without taking over the entire kitchen. If you notice, Kyan and I decided on two pinstripes instead of one because...

#1: It was easier to tape!!!!

#2: We liked the idea of two stripes....Why not? 
Besides, it was easier to tape which translates to less time taping. 
So, you get my point right? :)

Now, if only I knew where to find the perfect artwork to replace our lovely framed french poster that we hung a while back when hosting a Julia Child french dinner. Any Ideas?

I am also looking for a different chandelier to hang over the table. You can't tell because I removed them for the picture, but, this chandelier comes with bright red candles. Okay, yes, it is cute and country like...but, my style isn't country nor does it quite jive with me. I've had others offer it a home if I ever replace it. I'm just looking for something a little more clean, modern, or perhaps an older light fixture redone with a classy modern twist? Hmmm....so many ideas but it's hard to know the perfect fit....if you know what I mean?

Besides all that gibberish, I'm happy with the result of our painting project! I love, love, love it! Oh, did I say I loved it? :)

Advice for anyone reading this:
If you come across an inspiration or a picture that makes you want to sing inside, then that means you like what you see! Figure out what part of your inspiration really speaks to you and transform it to become your own. Don't be afraid, just go for it! Make it apart of your home and don't be concerned of what others might think. I know some may look at this and think, "Who would do that?" and others would say, "Holy Crap that's AWESOME!". So, just design your home to fit YOU!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment