Thursday, December 15, 2011

Did Someone Say Shelves?

Remember when I had designed some shelves for our front entrance area by taping my idea on the wall?


And, how my awesome husband and father-in-law built them...


 

Well, I took those raw shelves home and sanded them down and gave them a good priming before painting them. When the paint was dry, Kyan and his brother hung them on the wall for us to enjoy. 

This is how they turned out...


These shelves turned out exactly as I had envisioned. And, they turned out to be as useful as I hoped. Since our coat closet has been turned into a pantry, we were left without a place to hang our coats. So, why not design some shelves with coat hooks? Voila, problem solved!  
 
 

I purposely painted the edge of the shelves white to emphasize the shapes that are naturally formed by the simple lines of each shelf. That's what's so wonderful about design, art, and nature. If you take the time to stop and actually see what your are looking at, you will notice so many more beautiful things. 

As for my owl, I rescued it from my front yard. We found him in the bushes and I thought he needed a little freshening up and warm place to stay. Don't you like him! Now, if you were to ask my husband that question...he might say otherwise. But, we all have to make compromises in life, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment