Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Breaking Point

Have you ever heard someone's personal story or saw something that made you stop and think...

"What would my breaking point be?"

Sometimes I can't help but recognized how blessed I have been. I credit God to all the blessings that have been showered upon my life. One of the greatest blessings in my life has been my husband. We met more then 4 years ago and within 5 months from our first date we were married. I fell for him so quickly. He was perfect for me. Finally, I found the love of my life. He has been so loving, understanding, kind, gentle with me, he has been everything I could have ever hoped for. 

People would say, "Marriage is hard", or "There is an ADJUSTMENT period (Beware)", or "Enjoy the honeymoon stage while it LASTS" (Are you saying marriage just gets worse as time goes on?), or they will comment about how men are so this or so that as though us women have to put up with soooo much. 

I will have to admit, I think we skipped it all. There has been no adjustment period, there has been no difficult fights or arguments or situations that has made either one of us question our decision in marrying one another. Each day since the day we married has been a beautiful reminder of the wonderful blessing of our companionship. A match made in heaven? I would say yes.

I look at my life and then think, why me? Why have I been blessed so abundantly when others have not? Why do some find love but it ends in heart ache or crushed dreams? Why has our marriage been so blissful and smooth sailing? Why have we been blessed to have children when others have not been able to? 

Each of us will have our hard times. We will be faced with moments in our lives that will bring us to our knees in anguish or perhaps to our breaking points. 

Because our marriage has been so wonderful, I can't help but wonder if it would ever be taken from me. Can something like this bless our lives through old age?

I have realized lately, that if for some reason, some day, my husband never made it home to me and our sweet boys, I don't know how strong I would be. The world around me would fall, my faith would fail, my heart would shatter to pieces. I would break. 

Losing my husband would be my breaking point. 

The life as I know it would never be the same. The love, perfection and sweet innocence would be taken from me in a matter of moments, changing and altering my life forever.

I hope this will never be apart of my life story. I hope and pray that we are blessed to live and share our lives together for a very long time. I hope the love we have can withstand the natural forces of life. My dream is to grow old together and still be madly in love with a life full of experiences both difficult and blissful yet all fulfilling. I hope I can sit back in my old age and think back on our lives lived together and know that there is such a thing as perfect love and a perfect companionship. 

Have you ever thought about what would make you break? What would cause your world to turn upside down or for you to question everything you know to be true in life? 

What is your breaking point? 


1 comment:

  1. I FEEL EXACTLY LIKE YOU! Benjamin and I are prefect for each other and My life would fall apart without him too. It would be very hard if I ever lost him. Thank you for sharing such wonderful personal feelings

    ReplyDelete