Monday, September 24, 2012

Family Home Evening (FHE)

On Monday nights we try to hold a "Family Home Evening" where we set aside some time for just our family. We like to incorporate a little religious lesson and have a fun activity planned. Most of the time the lesson is geared towards Samuel. They are basic but fun little lessons for him to grasp and understand. 



On this particular Monday, we packed a picnic dinner and went on a friendly hike at the Mercer Slough. Samuel insisted on bringing his own Thomas the Train backpack so he could carry his own water. He hiked the entire time and never once had to have us carry him. I love watching him grow and become an independent and creative little child.  


We hiked a ways until we found a nice little meadow to lay out a blanket and have our picnic dinner. After dinner I gave a little lesson about how we can take care of the bodies that God has given us. We also sang a children's church song and colored a picture of the things that we can do to stay healthy and well. It was a wonderful way to spend a beautiful Monday evening.



Sorry the pictures are all a bit fuzzy. The sun was creating a funny glare that prevented our cameras from getting some clear shots. I also realized that I don't have too many pictures of me in my blog posts. So, here is one. It's not flattering and a bit fuzzy but as you can see I am very pregnant. When this picture was taken I was 35 weeks along. I am so ready to have this baby. Soon soon soon. 


This is a video of Samuel being his goofy self. 


No comments:

Post a Comment