Friday, September 14, 2012

The Adventures of August

I woke up this morning only to realize that we are already halfway through the month of September. Holy craziness. The whole "nesting" has set in since September and I completely forgot to post about all of the fun August activities. 

I've been busy getting the house organized and projects completed before the baby comes. You may ask....what is there to get done besides washing the baby clothes and sheets for the crib? Oh, honey, if only you knew how O.C.D. my personality can be sometimes. This characteristic of mine helped me excel in my college career and it has also helped in keeping thing tidier and more organized at home. But, when it comes to getting ready for a baby the list of things that MUST get done seem to be a mile long. And, for some reason, when one thing gets completed, one or more items get discovered and are then added to the list. See my problem? But, before I go into detail on some of the "nesting" things I have been doing, I want to talk about many of the adventures we have had in August. 

AUGUST started out with a lovely evening hike with the best two boys in my life: 

My lovely husband....  



And my sweet little boy.





The following week, Samuel and I discovered the perfect blackberry bush to pick from. After picking blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries this summer, Samuel has fallen in love. He CONSTANTLY asks me if we could go berry picking. He eats more then he picks but I suppose that's half the fun, right!?!




You can't tell but Samuel is also wearing his favorite Thomas the Train backpack. He carried his own water on our little walk/bike ride to the blackberry bush in our neighborhood. We had a wonderful walk/bike ride there and a nice time picking berries. But, shall I mention the way home? Do I admit that my child threw a fit and wouldn't ride his bike and insisted on running away from me? Oh, did I mention I was pregnant, carrying a large bucket of blackberries and holding his bulky bike in my other hand while attempting to run after my child because he decided it was funny not to listen to his mom? 

Nah...I just like to remember the good parts. That's all you remember in the long run anyway, right?

I hope so. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment