Monday, September 24, 2012

Tractors and Cows...What More Can You Ask For?

We went down to see Grandma and Grandpa Skeem a few weekends ago. Samuel LOVES going to visit. Marcus, Kyan's brother, decided to mow the lawn so we asked Samuel if he would like to ride. There wasn't a moments hesitation. To Samuel, a riding lawnmower is like riding on a REAL tractor. Its all the same to him. He thought it was the next best thing to the cows....I'll get to that one in a second.



Kyan drove the mower around with Samuel for awhile. He chatted up a storm and ate an apple off one of the nearby apple trees. I don't know what makes riding on a lawnmower so neat but I remember as a child just loving it too. One of my favorite memories was riding with my Grandpa Sypher on a rider. I also loved following behind my Dad while he mowed. I played some sort of imaginary game. It was so entertaining for me.



The following is a little video of Samuel and Daddy riding the "tractor". 



Grandpa Skeem has two cows on his land now. His son Brydon wanted to buy some cows but didn't have the land. So, they worked it out so that the cows could live on Grandpa's property. It has brought the place to life. Samuel had a good 'ol time mooing back at the cows and feeding them hay. 



These calves aren't just any typical calves. One is deaf and the other has a limp leg. We know now why they only cost $25 a piece. If anything, they have brought out some good laughs in us all.  




While the ladies were attending a baby shower, the guys and the kids went on a walk down to the water quarry. Yup, you heard that right, the Dad's watched the kids while us ladies had some "lady time" at our nieces baby shower. We all had a good time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment