Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Trip To Oregon

In May, we took a drive down to Bandon Oregon to dedicate my Grandmother's grave. It was a very nice trip that involved family and friends. On our drive down, we decided last minute to turn off and drive down Highway 101 that runs along the Oregon coastline. It added an additional two hours to our trip but it was worth it. 

The scenery was BEAUTIFUL...




But after 8+ hours in the car, we were ready to be done with the drive. 


If you look closely, you can see that Ethan is zonked out in his chair. For such a long drive, the boys did a fantastic job in the car. We really couldn't have asked for better kids during the drive. 


The day after we arrived, we had a nice grave dedication for my Grandma Sypher. My father said the dedicatory prayer for her grave site. The little tombstone in front is my grandparents first born son who past away as a baby. 



This is a picture of my brother Andrew (who had just arrived home from his mission a week earlier) and a good life long family friend, Charlie Barber. 



I am grateful for my sweet Grandmother for her strength and faith in God. She raised a good son who in turn married a great woman who then raised some pretty good kids. And those kids are now having kids of their own. Thank you Grandma for paving the way for a better life. We love you and miss you. 


Later that same day, we went to the beach. It was not a very warm day but you can't be minutes away from the beach and not go play in the sand for a little bit. 


Like I said, it wasn't warm...



Ethan couldn't understand why we were hanging out in such a cold and windy place. He curled up inside the carrier and wouldn't show his face until we got him back into the car. It was quite funny.


Beside the fact that it was FREEZING, my husband decided it would be fun to jump into the ocean. So, I got him on video. 


It was a very fun and memorable weekend. I think we should come back when the weather is a little warmer so we can enjoy those beaches a little more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment