Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chair Makeover


I love to go thrift shopping. One of my favorite stores is Goodwill. One Saturday many months ago, Kyan, Samuel and myself were at Goodwill to find a few things. While we were there, I spotted this chair. If you can get beyond the hideous pink fabric and frumpy look, you can see that this chair has MUCH potential. I fell in love with it and convinced Kyan that I really needed this chair and that it was one of a kind and that it really truly was worth the $36 dollars. He wasn't so convinced but he let me buy it anyway.

Months went by and the ugly chair sat in our living room. It took me a long time before I knew just what to do! With a little bit of fabric and a lot of time I turned the chair into a true beauty. For being my first time upholstering a chair, it was fun and definitely a good learning experience.




I have more ambitious projects to come! I'll be sure to keep you updated! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment