Monday, August 15, 2011

Walking or Talking?

Samuel has been learning a lot of new words lately. Many of his favorites are, more, dog, cracker, water, wa-wa, Daddy, Ma-ma, Da-da (He sometimes calls both of us by this name), thank you, ball, book, and he'll sometimes say Grandpa. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few words but he's getting the hang it. I love it when he says thank you. Sometimes when I'm feeding him food and he has managed to eat everything on his tray without my noticing, he'll start to say, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll look over to realize he wants more food. He knows to say thank you after he gets food so why not thank the person before getting food? Hmmm....maybe that's a tactic worth trying. It works for him every time. I'll take thank you any day over fussing or throwing fits. I love that baby!

Because Samuel has been concentrating on learning how to talk he hasn't been quite the dare devil in learning to walk. He's a cautious little boy but he's getting brave. Yesterday, Kyan and I were playing  with Samuel and decided to see if he would take a few steps on his own. He has already taken a step or two last week but he hasn't done much more since then. Yesterday, Mr. Samuel got brave and started walking the distance. Oh Yeah! Our little boy not only took two steps but two too many to count. We're proud of you Little Dude! He'll be walking before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment