Sunday, August 21, 2011

Samuel's Bathroom Adventures

ADVENTURE #1
  
Samuel has learned to splash, thanks to someone...I won't mention names. :) How long do you think it will take before our floors will need to be replaced? Yikes.



ADVENTURE #2

 The time has come at last. His hair was getting long and his bangs were getting into his eyes. So what must be done? Off with the hair! Well, um.........hmmm........but, those cute curls in the back......do I have to?.....He'll look like a big boy and I don't want that yet. So, what do I do?


I just gave his bangs a little trim. Maybe next time I'll have it in me to cut his cute blonde, curly, beautiful hair.


These are the pictures taken after his haircut....I mean, trim. He wouldn't stay still long enough to get a clear shot. He simply might have been happy just to see again. Those bangs were getting in the way.


ADVENTURE #3

Samuel loves to play in the bathroom cupboards. He has a special drawer with his very own bath toys and everything in the cupboards are safe for him to play with....or. maybe. not? I happened to be in my bedroom that particular morning just tidying up a bit. Samuel was playing with his toys in the drawer....or so I thought. Then, out of nowhere I got this whiff of sweet, fresh, clean odor. That does NOT smell like bathroom toys. I ran to the bathroom to find a brand new Costco bottle of shampoo emptied on the floor with soapy little hands and a big grin on Samuel's face. I'm sure he was thinking, "Mom! Check this stuff out! It's AWESOME!"


I have come to the conclusion, that the reason kids make messes are simply to guarantee that their parents don't forget to clean ALL areas of the house. After all, 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness', right? So, doesn't that mean those with kids have EXTRA clean homes despite what it appears? Who knew our kids were actually helping us by kindly marking out areas that needed cleaned most. Who knew, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment