Friday, October 19, 2012

The Guts of a Mixer On Our Anniversary

Have you ever sat down and wondered what the guts of your mixer looked like? I never have until our mixer started making this AWFUL noise. 

So much so, that we knew that if we continued to use it we could possibly break the entire mixer. So, my awesome husband took it upon himself to figure out the problem. 


* He watched a few YouTube videos

* Learned about the moving parts of our machine

* Cleaned out the gears (which were covered in nasty globs of grease)

* Figured out which parts looked like they needed replaced

* Not only ordered those specific parts but found the best deals (Saved us $20 bucks!)

* Spent an entire evening turning this machine back to new.


Impressive...Right!




However....



After replacing a few parts, the noise was still present.

YIKES!

Not a good discovery after all that hard work. But, Kyan persisted and discovered the problem. It stemmed from this little itsy bitsy teeny weeny piece of metal that had gotten into the gears that caused the gear to get caught and create that awful noise we were hearing. How my husband discovered that tiny little fleck of metal is beyond me but he did and it fixed the problem.


After all his determination, our mixer runs and sounds like new. My husband is AWESOME! 


And....

This all happened to take place on the evening of October 18th, our 4th wedding anniversary!
(No worries, we have something more exciting planned for the weekend. 
Thanks to my parents who are so willing to watch Samuel!)

But it's a sweet reminder of why I love my husband so much. He is a man of MANY kind deeds. He loves me to no end. Even if it means fixing a mixer for his wife without even her asking him to do so because he knows how much she would appreciate it. This is the same guy who will randomly bring home flowers to say he love me. It doesn't take a day like valentines day for him to remember to express his love. 

This man is the reason we have had such a wonderful 4 years of marriage. I love you Kyan! May we continue to enjoy the MANY years to come! Happy Anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment