Monday, October 15, 2012

Trinity Farm Pumpkin Patch

In the middle of last week, Kyan and I were looking at the weather forecast only to realize that this gorgeous October weather was about to make an exit. The rain was going to fill the skies for awhile beginning Friday. So, in order to have a decent pumpkin patch experience we would have to go on Thursday. Unfortunately, all the pumpkin patches I found that were open during the week closed by 5pm. With Kyan being swamped at work, Samuel and I decided to venture out on our own to find the perfect pumpkin. 



Part of the criteria for a perfect pumpkin for Samuel was whether he was able to pick it up and carry it. Very important to a 2 year old. I think we found the smallest pumpkin in the entire patch. But, it was PERFECT. Believe it or not the pumpkin this the picture bellow was too heavy. The one we ended up with was even smaller then that one. 






Part of the fun was riding in the wheel barrow on our way back to pay for the pumpkin.



We HAD to ride the train. My train obsessed child would not have forgiven me if we had skipped out on this part of the adventure. I agree, it was quite the exciting ride.



We were also able to check out this old fire engine that was parked on the farm. 



Later that night, we all spent the evening carving pumpkins. I bought our pumpkins at Fred Meyer because they were only 18 cents per pound versus 55 cents per pound at the patch. Basically, Samuel's little pumpkin costed the same amount as one of our large pumpkins. 

Kyan helped Samuel hollow out and carve his pumpkin.


Samuel would go between helping with his pumpkin and my own. We all had a great time together allowing our creativity go wild while listening to Halloween music.





This was my pumpkin lit up in the dark. You can't see them in the dark but my pumpkin has two ears sticking out from the sides.


This was Samuel's pumpkin. He INSISTED on having a happy face carved into his.


And this is Kyan's pumpkin. Can you guess what it's suppose to be?
 (Pst....I'll give you a hint: It's suppose to be an impersonation of Elvis) 
Of course you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment