Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome To Samuel's Room

We originally figured that we would keep Samuel in the room he was sleeping in and move the baby furniture into this smaller room. However, we realized very quickly that the crib, changing table and glider would not fit in this tiny space. So, plans changed. We were now needing to move Samuel into the smaller room.

If you know anything about me, you would know that I can't just set up a bed and throw a dresser against a wall and call it good. I wanted to have a little fun making a fun toddler room for Samuel. So, here it is.

BEFORE 


AFTER

Because this is such a small room and I want Samuel to have space to move around and play, I decided to buy a dresser that would fit the length of the closet. The original closet doors were a pain to open and close so we just removed them, placed the dresser inside the closet and I made some curtains to go above to hide the other storage. I also customized the curtains above the window. 


BEFORE 


AFTER

We found Samuel's bed at a garage sale. It's actually a bunk bed that we plan on fully setting up in a few years when baby boy #2 is ready to sleep in a twin bed. I had to removed stickers and sand the posts down to its natural color. Then I proceeded to stain it the dark Mahogany that you see in the picture. It turned out pretty nice. 





These are all of Samuel's stuffed animals. And, yes, he does sleep with them all. Though, you might be wondering why he has a pink kitty on his bed. That little kitty happens to be my childhood favorite stuffed animal. When I was last visiting my sister in Utah, she had it lying around her house. She didn't have any sentimental feelings towards it like I did so I snatched it up with anticipation of giving it to our baby girl someday. However, Samuel fell in love with it because it was Mommy's kitty. So, it has found a place on his bed with the rest of his stuffed animal friends.


BEFORE 


AFTER

The old Ford tractor was a toy we discovered at Kyan's parents place. It was something that Kyan and his brothers played with as kids. The plane was given to Samuel from his Grandpa Skeem. He loves it. And, yes, those coat hooks are dog tales. Samuel ran around the house playing with them for the longest time until I actually got around to mounting them on the wall. 



 Samuel loves his new room. I tried to make it an exciting move for him so that when the baby came, he wouldn't get jealous that it took over his old room. I thinking he feels more ownership to this room then the other one now. 



1 comment: