Monday, October 10, 2011

5 Days Left

I am sooo excited. I only have 5 days left before my BIG race.

Am I ready? 

You bet I am! I have run hills, long distances, and fast runs like no other. I have gotten up early, run alone and with friends, and have pushed myself to increase my pace. 

This last week I ran 8 miles at my in-laws. There is no way of getting around those long, steep hills that surround their house. 5 weeks ago, I ran the same 8 mile course. It was neat to see how much I have improved. Within those 5 weeks I have increased my time by 1 minute 18 seconds. That doesn't sound like much but to a runner, it sounds like a lot. My goal is to finish the Half Marathon in 2 hours. This would mean I would average a 9 minute 21 second mile. But, there is a deeper desire to run it in LESS then 2 hours. A 9 minute mile would get me across the finish line in 1 hour 57 seconds.

Can I do It?

There is one major factor that I forgot to mention and that is the elevation. I have been training at sea level and the race begins at 1205 ft. Hmmm....I'm not sure how that will effect my run performance. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

1 comment:

  1. Rose! I found your blog (while randomly looking at other blogs). Have fun on your race, that is an awesome course and Leavenworth is so much fun! I didn't get to run it (got really sick the week of the race), but it's awesome up there. You inspire me to get back at it and stay committed. :) btw, thanks for the tips on the lettuce.

    ReplyDelete