Sunday, October 16, 2011

5am Freak

I woke up the morning before my race and found this! A good and supportive friend had come in the early morning to plaster my car with shoes and encouraging words. It brought a huge smile to my face and lots of laughs. 

I found out the next morning that she had gone around to all of our friends who were running the half marathon and had done the same thing to their cars. That's what you call a good supporter. I love that woman.


I really liked this saying. How true..."Every day is a good day when you run!" - Kevin Nilson 


You may be wondering....how did you know who did this to your car? Well, this woman left a clue...


She calls herself the 5am Freak for a reason. Don't worry, she really isn't a freak. She is actually very very nice and extremely supportive and amazing when it comes to athletics. She has a neat story of her own but I won't go into detail.

She is the one that gets up at 5am to do her workouts. Why? I asked that question over and over until one day I decided I was going to see if I had it in me to train for this half marathon. Guess what time those long weekend runs started? Yup. 5am. Ugh, so I would roll out of bed and get my legs moving before the crack of dawn. I would have to say, after the first time running with her and other friends, it was refreshing and not quite "freakish" as I thought it sounded. Okay, so maybe it is but I just got sucked into it. I loved it!

I just wanted to say thank you to my 5am Freak friend! You're the best! I loved the encouragement you gave to me and the others!

2 comments:

  1. Well how did the race go??? I'm impressed and proud that you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC! I just posted a blog about the run so you can read all about it. It was tons of fun! So, I found out yesterday that my 5am Friend had helpers with the shoe attack. Thank you to all three of you. It meant a great deal to me! I'm sure I ran better because of you three!

    ReplyDelete