Monday, October 17, 2011

I DID IT!

Good Morning Leavenworth!

Kyan, Samuel and I drove up the night before to stay in a hotel in Wenatchee. I'm glad we did because I would have been a HUGE ball of nerves if we had to drive up the morning of the race. I surprisingly got a great nights sleep but eating breakfast was a different story. My stomach was in knots. I could barely joke down a half a bagel. 

We checked out of our hotel and drove to the race site. Brrrrr.....it was so cold. I never run in a long sleeve but I would have to admit I never took it off the entire 13 miles. 

These were a few of my friends who signed up for the race. Bekki is on the left and Rachael is on the right.


Kari joined us on the far right. She came to run part way as a support for one of her friends but ended up running the entire race. You go girl!


I ran into Amber and Becky before the race. Amber just had a baby like 5 months ago and she's running a race. Pretty amazing if you ask me.


The gun went off and we all began our race!

Kyan and Samuel had some time on their hands. They cheered me on at the starting line, the 10.5 mile point and when I crossed the finish line.


I DID IT!

I crossed the finish line! It was a glorious sight to see after running 13 thrilling, exhausting, exhilarating, beautiful, long miles.

You know how I wanted to finish the race within 2 hours? And, if I could push myself hard enough that perhaps I could finish the race in 1 hour 57 minutes? Well, are you sitting on the edge of your seat? I know....you can't help yourself but wonder what I got! Are you ready?

I ran this race in...


 1:52:44

Oh Yeah Baby! I ran that race in 1 hour and 52 minutes. That translates to 8 minute 36 second miles. Holy crap I was so trilled with my time. I didn't have my phone during the race to tell me my pace so I ran what I thought was my normal pace. I'm a bit competitive with myself and as people would pass me I thought I was going too slow so it kept me going at a strong pace. And little did I know I was running at a killer speed for myself! 

Wahoo! 


Keep an eye out for the girl in long black leggings and a long sleeve blue shirt. I managed to muster up a little speed at the end. It must have been an adrenaline rush to see the finish line because I was so tired. Yay for running the whole way!



This is our group of friends who ran the half marathon. We had so much fun together. I'm so proud of you all! Good work ladies and gents! Maybe this won't be the first time we all run the same race together!

No comments:

Post a Comment